Purchase direct from Maggie Lynch and Get a 20% Discount
Frustrated with the plethora of conflicting information on how to self-publish? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to sit down with someone who has already made the mistakes, done the analysis, and will provide you the short cuts—the secrets about the things that work? Now you have that chance with the Career Author Secrets series. Indie Publishing (Self Publishing) has changed dramatically in the past five years. There are now new, easier tools to use for every part of the process—editing, formatting, distribution, sales, and analysis. This boxset contains three books.
Secrets Every Author Should Know: Publishing Basics
It contains everything a DIY author needs to get her book from manuscript to professional publication in both ebook and print, including:
- Why books don’t sell
- Options for DIY or contracting professionals
- The truth about ISBNs & Copyright Registration
- Secrets for formatting your book the easy way
- Creating book covers that sell
- Making decisions about distribution
Secrets to Pricing and Distribution: Ebook, Print and Direct Sales
Once you have a finished book, you need to get it into readers’ hands. Loading your book to a vendor looks deceivingly easy. However, the career author knows that each vendor has its own methods for promoting books, performing searches, and identifying ready buyers. You need to take advantage of these differences in order to maximize your profits and discoverability.
Capitalize on competitive retail pricing in different markets, and use effective metadata to draw more readers to your books. Learn to:
- Write compelling book blurbs for each title that focus on “reader cookies” and • marketing.
- Unlock keywords and get access to hidden category options.
- Take advantage of search algorithm nuances at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and Apple.
- Use aggregators to increase distribution opportunities around the world.
- Evaluate opportunities for direct sales to bookstores and individual consumers.
Secrets to Effective Author Marketing: It’s More Than ‘Buy My Book’
This book provides specific techniques to exploit the value of your books without resorting to the typical overexposure in social media and newsletters with “Buy My Book” sales messaging. Instead, focus on the top three proven techniques that actually sell books. Follow step-by-step instructions and timelines to learn how to: 1) Create an Effective Plan for Communicating to Readers; 2) Use Social Media and Email lists to Engage with Your Readers; and 3) Plan for Effective Campaigns for both Book Launches and Backlist Rejuvenation throughout the year.
In addition this book provides techniques to:
- Distinguish specific groups of readers most likely to buy your novel or nonfiction book.
- Understand your competition and the advantages that your book offers.
- Clarify hooks that capture attention of the media, reviewers, and readers.
- Identify where and how to reach readers, reviewers, and media.
- Create and implement a consistent brand throughout all marketing efforts.
- Effectively select, from 100+ options, the appropriate marketing tactics and timing that matches your book intentions and values.
- Maximize organic reach and stay to a budget of less than $100 per book campaign.
- Develop a long-term online marketing plan.
Ebook $9.99, Audiobook $25.00
Written by: Maggie Lynch
Narrated by: Maggie Lynch
Series: Career Author Secrets
Hours to listen
Books in the Career Author Secrets Series
Capitalize on competitive pricing in different markets, and use effective metadata to draw more readers.
Exploit the value of your book(s) without resorting to the typical overexposure in social media and newsletters.
Three books in one boxset: Secrets Every Author Should Know, Pricing & Distribution, and Effective Marketing.